Everybody has morning rituals. These are little things you do every morning to kick start your day on a beautiful note. A glass of warm water, pranayama, yoga, cheese omlette or just a long warm shower – we swear by our rituals. I am pretty lazy to do anything elaborate in the morning but in the past year I have developed a few quirks – and the payoff is tangible. J
Morning is a great time to rejuvenate your skin. It doesn’t take much time to do ‘little’ that goes a ‘long’ way.
See washing, toning and moisturizing like a ‘happy dance’ for your skin. Cleansing your skin with fruit, milk, honey or just clay is brilliant.
Steering away from chemical laden products is a great start too. If you find most home rituals too cumbersome, here is a simple recipe to kick start a yummy skin day – an all natural clarifying, toning face wash for your skin – latest from Stay Wild Child’s stable.
Recipe for an all natural foaming face wash
- 1 cup of green tea
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap: an all-natural, extremely concentrated soap made from 100% plant oils. I use a mix of olive, virgin coconut oil and castor oil.
- 5 teaspoons jojoba oil or another carrier oil of choice (It has a moderately low comedogenic rating i.e. it is not likely to clog pores)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey: a wonderful antibacterial that helps to gently eliminate breakout-causing bacteria and also helps calm the skin. The enzymes in raw honey eat up dead skin cells and reveal your most smooth and supple skin. It’s great for people with sensitive, normal or combination skin.
- 2 tsp of aloe vera gel – for that smooth-as-velvet skin
- 8 drops of lavender oil: known for its rejuvenating and healing properties
- 6 drops of tea tree oil: another great, all-natural antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal that will not only help kill acne causing bacteria on the skin, but also help preserve the wash
- 3 -4 drops of Vitamin E
Brew a strong cup of green tea and set aside to cool.
Add all ingredients in the order listed. Stir the mixture gently, mixing everything together. The castile soap and honey will cause the mixture to look cloudy. Put the mixture into your foaming soap dispenser and your facewash is complete! 1 or 2 pumps is all you need. Use once or twice daily.
This foaming facial cleanser includes ingredients that help clarify and tone the skin. The ingredients that are extra-gentle and help maintain skin’s natural balance.
Lets not forget we have one mouth but our skin has a gazillion in the form of pores. What we put on our bodies is just as important as what we put in them. Our skin absorbs up to 60% of the lotions, potions, perfumes & soaps we slather on ourselves - transdermal absorption is the reason why topical medications work so well. So every time we wash, moisturize, buff, nourish, plump, shave, bronze and polish, we are reaching for a bottle whose long and confusing list of ingredients are almost a total mystery. And for most of us, the generous application of these chemicals onto our sensitive dermis and into our bloodstreams is a daily ritual. If you want to make sure you are only using natural products, make them yourself or invest more time into conscious buying. Start with a small change and reap tangible rewards.
I wish you beautiful, adventurous and inspiring mornings ahead!
Stay healthy, stay happy, stay beautiful!